from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See timothy, cat-tail, cirrus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cattail
- n. A name for the plant Equisetum arvense and other species of that genus.
- n. Same as cirrus cloud. See cloud.
- n. A form of cirrus in which the delicate cloudy filaments resemble a bushy, curved cat's tail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall marsh plant with cylindrical seed heads that explode when mature shedding large quantities of down; its long flat leaves are used for making mats and chair seats; of North America, Europe, Asia and North Africa
Sorry, no etymologies found.