from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A magazine center spread, especially a foldout of an oversize photograph or feature.
- n. The subject of a photograph used as a centerfold, often a nude model.
- n. A feature, such as an advertisement or calender, inserted as a centerfold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The single sheet of paper that forms the middle two pages of a magazine or other publication.
- n. A large photograph printed on this sheet, typically in the form of a nude, or provocatively dressed, sexually attractive woman or man.
- n. The person appearing in such a photograph.
- n. Any very sexually attractive person, who is therefore material for such a photograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a magazine center spread; especially a foldout of a large photograph or map or other feature
AP: Scott Brown, sexy centerfold, is beating lib Coakley
The centerfold is a demurely posed (for our standards of 2008), extremely fit young black woman.
The whole point of a centerfold is her unattainability, but with hard-core porn, it’s precisely the reverse: the star isn’t just attainable, she’s already being attained, and the user gets to be in on the action.
Kill Kill!), the ideal centerfold is one in which “a situation is suggested, the presence of someone not in the picture.”
Masturbating to a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model (like Christie Brinkley, once upon a time) or a Playboy centerfold is a one-way street: the images are intended to provoke fantasies, not to embody reality, since the women pictured aren’t having sex for the viewer’s gratification.
The centerfold is a demurely posed for our standards of 2008, extremely fit young black woman.
Bird Talk magazine even has a parrot "centerfold" for its bird-loving readers every month.
"Being a centerfold is the highest honor there is.
She had a flair for fashion and an enviably taut figure; she had met Ed when he begged her and her identical twin, Xenobia, to model bikinis for the centerfold of Jet magazine.
Ben sat perched on the edge of the tub with a dollop of Keri lotion in one hand, his small, hairless penis in his other, and a Playboy centerfold splayed on the floor between his blue-jeans-draped ankles when Coach blew through the bathroom door that Ben had triple-checked was locked.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.