from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fine lightweight fabric woven with white threads across a colored warp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft fabric woven with a white weft and coloured warp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gingham woven in plain colors with linen finish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of gingham in plain colors with linen finish, used for women's gowns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lightweight fabric woven with white threads across a colored warp
Alteration of French cambrai, cambric, after Cambrai, a city of northern France.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)