from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable to be charged, as to an account: chargeable expenses.
- adj. Liable to be accused or indicted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That may be charged to an account.
- adj. Liable to be accused (either formally or informally).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That may be charged, laid, imposed, or imputes.
- adj. Subject to be charge or accused; liable or responsible.
- adj. Serving to create expense; costly; burdensome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being charged.
- Expensive; costly; causing expense, and hence burdensome.
- Weighty; involving care and trouble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. liable to be accused, or cause for such liability
charge + -able (Wiktionary)