from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of chassé.
- v. Alternative spelling of chassé.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small potion of spirituous liquor taken to remove the taste of coffee, tobacco, or the like; -- originally chasse-café, lit., “coffee chaser.”
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small glass of brandy or liqueur taken after coffee, at dinner, to remove its taste or odor or as a digester. See poussecafé.
- n. A shrine or receptacle for relics of a saint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perform a chasse step, in ballet
- n. (ballet) quick gliding steps with one foot always leading
Sorry, no etymologies found.