from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow passage, such as a strait, through which shipping must pass.
- n. A point of congestion or obstruction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point at which traffic or other movement can easily become blocked.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- n. a point of congestion or blockage
Sorry, no etymologies found.