American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A restaurant that specializes in serving steaks and chops of meat.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An eating-house where the serving of chops and steaks is made a specialty.
- n. A restaurant that specializes in chops or steaks; a steakhouse
- n. China A custom house where transit duties are levied.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A house where chops, etc., are sold; an eating house.
- n. China A customhouse where transit duties are levied.
- n. a restaurant that specializes in steaks
- For Chinese customs sense, see chop quality. (Wiktionary)
“This could have been a great funny, chophouse gorefest.”
“Papered-over restaurant windows and "retail space available" signs scar downtown, even if you can still buy a $45 steak at a Pennsylvania Avenue chophouse.”
“Jar www. thejar.com Brunch at this chophouse is a modern alternative to the always-busy dinner service.”
“If you want the traditional chophouse experience, go with one of the major chains on the list like the beloved Palm or the ubiquitous (and ridiculously named) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.”
“But if you want just the tiniest twist or tweak, check out Los Angeles stand-alones like Jar, which describes itself as "a modern chophouse," or the super-sexy STK that boasts, "not your daddy's steakhouse.”
“If you want the traditional chophouse experience, go with one of the major chains on the list like the beloved Palm or the ubiquitous and ridiculously named Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.”
“Monday Luvo crouches in the alley outside a chophouse watching the news on a bar television through an open window.”
“The other night she made crisp sirloin steaks worthy of a chophouse.”
“And those damn kids today. [shaking fist] Bob Sambol, as you may know, owns a steak and chophouse.”
“Its anemic sales growth might surprise some: S&W is a steak--and chophouse chain, and when Americans noticed their expanding waistlines, it was the lowly carbohydrate that took the fall: The Atkins and South Beach miracle diets seemed to permit luscious protein and fat allowances.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chophouse’.
It seems that whenever I look away, new gadgets and devices and tools and dishes and utensils and ingredients are multiplying in my kitchen drawers and my cabinets.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
For stuff to simply reside.
Looking for tweets for chophouse.