from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being circumspect. See Synonyms at prudence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Attention to all the facts and circumstances of a case; caution; watchfulness; vigilance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Attention to all the facts and circumstances of a case; caution; watchfulness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Attention to all the facts and circumstances of a case, and to natural or probable consequences, with a view to ascertain the correct or safe course of conduct or to avoid undesirable results; watchfulness; wariness; caution: as, “sly circumspection,”
- n. Synonyms Vigilance, thoughtfulness, forecast, deliberation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being circumspect and prudent
- n. knowing how to avoid embarrassment or distress
From Latin circumspectio (Wiktionary)