from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small collar; specif., a woman's collar of lace, fur, or other fancy material.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small collar or fichu of linen, lace, fur, etc., worn by women.
- n. Any piece of armor protecting the neck, more particularly in front. See gorgerin and hausse-col.
- n. In zoology: In certain goniatite cephalopods of Devonian age, one of a series of swellings in the shell which apparently represent successive positions of the stoma or shell-aperture.
- n. The circle of tentacles in sea-anemones.
Sorry, no etymologies found.