from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of measuring colours and assigning them numeric values.
- n. Analysis involving the quantitative measurement of colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quantitative determination of the depth of color of a substance.
- n. A method of quantitative chemical analysis based upon the comparison of the depth of color of a solution with that of a standard liquid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The determination of the strength of colors, especially of dyes, by means of a colorimeter.
- n. The quantitative measurement, as in chemical analysis, of a colored substance by comparing the depth of color of its solution with that of a solution of known strength of the same or a similarly colored substance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. quantitative chemical analysis by color using a colorimeter
color + -metry (Wiktionary)