from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To serve as commentator.
- transitive v. To make a running commentary on.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To provide a commentary; to maintain a stream of comments about some event.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To write comments or notes upon; to make comments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make comments; write a commentary or annotations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. serve as a commentator, as in sportscasting
- v. make a commentary on
Back-formation from commentator.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)