from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or forming a shell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a shell (used especially of bivalve molluscs)
- adj. Containing shells
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing or having shells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with a shell, as a mollusk; testaceous.
- Pertaining to or having the characters of the Conchifera; bivalve, as a mollusk; lamellibranchiate.
- Bearing or containing shells: as, “conchiferous deposits,”
Sorry, no etymologies found.