from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a cone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like a cone; conical
- adj. A Catalan surface all of whose rulings intersect some fixed line.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything that has a form resembling that of a cone.
- n. A solid formed by the revolution of a conic section about its axis; ; -- more commonly called paraboloid, ellipsoid, etc.
- n. A surface which may be generated by a straight line moving in such a manner as always to meet a given straight line and a given curve, and continue parallel to a given plane.
- adj. Resembling a cone; conoidal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of a cone; conoidal.
- n. In geometry: A solid formed by the revolution of a conic section about its axis. A skew surface which may be generated by a straight line moving in such a manner as to touch a straight line and curve, and continue parallel to a given plane. A surface generated by the revolution of an arc of a circle about its sine.
- n. In anatomy, the conarium or pineal body.
- In conchology, resembling or having the characters of the Conidæ.
- n. A gastropod of the family Conidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shape whose base is a circle and whose sides taper up to a point
cone + -oid (Wiktionary)