Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A supporter of the existing constitution of government.
- n. An advocate of constitutionalism, as opposed to other forms of government.
- n. Specifically A framer or an advocate of the French Constitution of 1791.
- n. plural [capitalized] A name assumed by a party in Pennsylvania, about 1787, which favored the retention of the State Constitution of 1776, and opposed the substitution for it of a stronger form of government.
- n. [capitalized] A name assumed by the more moderate faction of the Democratic-Republican party in Pennsylvania during a few years after 1804: opposed to the “Friends of the People” or “Conventionalists.
- n. A person who adheres to the philosophy of constitutionalism.
- adj. Of or relating to constitutionalism or its adherents.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who advocates a constitutional form of government; a constitutionalist.
- n. an advocate of constitutional government
“A Christian Right whose political agenda cannot be squared with - and is a formal rejection of - the Sermon on the Mount, and a Tea Party calling itself 'constitutionalist' - whose agenda cannot be squared, no matter how many tri-cornered hats they wear - with the Constitution of the United States.”
“I used to be as big of a liberal as I am now a conservative actually a libertarian known as a constitutionalist- until I got exposed to life and the real world and found out that it was up to me.”
“Ron Paul, a Republican from Texas, has been described as a constitutionalist, libertarian, classic liberal, and a classic conservative.”
“Christian is a Christian, not everyone who calls themselves a constitutionalist is a constitutionalist and not everyone who claims the honored name of Patriot, is a true patriot today.”
“To: Justaham it saddens me to see some of the comments on this story, that any so called constitutionalist or libertarian would for any reason want to deny someone happiness. who are you to tell someone they cant get "married”
“Glenn Beck -- who has promoted not just FEMA concentration camp theories, but also far-right "constitutionalist" theories on states rights and secessionist movements, just to name a few -- is easily the worst of the lot in this regard.”
“On the lighter side (you might say Bush Lite) we would count Romney, a Lauren-dressed mix of Ronald Reagan and Max Headroom; a buoyant preacher-like Mike Huckabee trying to inherit the compassionate conservative mantel; the pathetic and soon-to-be ex-candidate Tommy Thompson; the evangelical Sam Brownback; and the irrepressible "constitutionalist" Ron Paul whose sporadic whispers of common sense are often gusted away by the downdraft of black helicopters.”
“The statist believes that the constitutionalist is a closet anarchist, because the constitutionalist does not believe the statist’s claim that Authority Is God.”
“Typical liberal tactic invoking "constitutionalist" views only to turn around and spit on the same ideology when it comes to taxes, marriage rights and Christmas.”
“Cavuto promote militia-movement 'constitutionalist' theories on Fox”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘constitutionalist’.
Looking for tweets for constitutionalist.