from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See romaine.
- abbr. cosine
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a symbol of the trigonometric function cosine.
- n. A variety of lettuce with long, crisp leaves.
- conj. because
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See coss.
- n. An abbreviation of cosine.
- n. A kind of lettuce, suited for being grown out of doors in summer, usually forming long heads or rosettes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
- n. lettuce with long dark-green leaves in a loosely packed elongated head
After Cos (Kos).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the name of the island Cos, whence it was introduced. (Wiktionary)
From 'cause, an aphetic form of because. (Wiktionary)