from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study or art of cosmetics and their use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the science of cosmetics
- n. the profession of a cosmetologist or beautician
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A treatise on the dress and cleanliness of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of beautifying the face and hair and skin
French cosmétologie : cosmétique, cosmetic; see cosmetic + -logie, -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From cosmetics + -ology. (Wiktionary)