from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that creates: the creator of a new television series; a born creator of trouble.
- n. God. Used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something or someone which creates or makes something.
- n. The deity that created the world.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who creates, produces, or constitutes. Specifically, the Supreme Being.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who creates, in any sense of that word, or brings something into existence; especially, one who produces something out of nothing; specifically (with a capital letter), God considered as having brought the universe into existence out of nothing.
- n. Figuratively, that by means of which anything is brought into existence; a creative medium or agency: as, steam is the creator of modern industrial progress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
- n. a person who grows or makes or invents things
From Latin creator, agent noun from perfect passive participle creatus ("created"), from verb creare ("create") + agent suffix -or. (Wiktionary)