from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a still inserted and interrupting the action.
- n. a local announcement inserted into a network broadcast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cut-in notes, See cut, p. a.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (film) a still picture that is introduced and that interrupts the action of a film
- n. (broadcasting) a local announcement inserted into a network program
Sorry, no etymologies found.