from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book in which daily transactions are recorded.
- n. A diary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A daily chronicle; a diary.
- n. A ledger; an accounting journal.
- n. A logbook.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A journal of accounts; a primary record book in which are recorded the debts and credits, or accounts of the day, in their order, and from which they are transferred to the journal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A diary or chronicle.
- n. Nautical, a log-book.
- n. In bookkeeping, a book in which the transactions of the day are entered in the order of their occurrence; a book of original entries, or first record of sales and purchases, receipts, disbursements, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the daily written record of events (as arrests) in a police station
- n. an accounting journal as a physical object
- n. a ledger in which transactions have been recorded as they occurred
"After eight months we are closer together than ever," Weston wrote in what he called his daybook in late 1934.
(Generally I am a monogamous reader, but right now I have 4 going - one on theology and doctrine for one bible study, a little study book for the other bible study, a novel I've wanted to read for a while now [Jarrettsville] and the Simple Abundance daybook, which is more like a 'devotional' than a
“Yes,” he says as he pulls his giant daybook—the Zibaldone di pensieri—out of his PBS tote bag.
His thoughts about all these experiences he recorded at astonishing length and often mesmerizing detail in his daybook.
In five seasonal essays and a daybook of 365 entries, Norbert Blei records the passing of days and seasons in Door County, in his life, in our lives.
The Earth Calendar is a daybook of holidays and celebrations around the world.
Topics about warren ellis/contact admin aeropiratika brainjuice comics talk daybook events
One item is rather curious: a daybook listing for a fictional seminar to promote “A Government Without God.”
But you can't get that from a daybook, or the daybook of one person.
We're likely to learn from that more about what actually occurred last fall -- and how deceiving a single daybook, viewed in a vacuum, can be.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.