from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who defends people or property.
- n. A lawyer who represents defendants.
- n. A fighter who repels an attack.
- n. One of the players whose primary task is to prevent the opposition from scoring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who defends; one who maintains, supports, protects, or vindicates; a champion; an advocate; a vindicator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who defends; one who protects from injury; a champion.
- n. One who maintains, supports, or vindicates by force or argument.
- n. In Scots law, the defendant; the party against whom the conclusions of a process or action are directed.
- n. In Irish history, one of an association of Roman Catholics organized in the north of Ireland in the eighteenth century to oppose the Protestants who had organized as Peep-o'-day Boys or Orangemen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fighter who holds out against attack
- n. a person who cares for persons or property
So I have nothing to lose playing Federer, who's the title defender here.
Of course, I was under pressure as the title defender but I trained really well and now I can't believe I have won for the second time in a row at the London Marathon.
'And of course, every successful completion of these individual steps makes us look forward to the' Dakar 'in Argentina and Chile, which as the title defender we want to again decide in our favour, with even greater anticipation.
In particular, Beamer was upset with chop blocks below the knees when a defender is already engaged with another blocker and crack-back blocks in which a lineman blindsides a defensive player below the knees (safety Kam Chancellor was the target of this on several plays).
"When I feel like I can make threes from anywhere on the floor," said McGrady, who went 6-of-10 from behind the arc, "my defender is at my mercy."
I'm happy to be starting into the season there as the title defender for the second time. "
With the personnel shortage, United will be allowed to add a defender from a lower-division club not involved in the playoffs.
Bet the media ain't bringing that up to show this confederate flag defender is nothing but a scum bag ....
Bet the media ain't bringing that up to show this confederate flag defender is nothing but a scum bag ….
Tapp, a proven run-defender, is expected to be the Eagles 'first - and second-down left end.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.