from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To depict; to paint; to portray; to delineate.
- v. To depict in words; to describe graphically.
- v. To colour; to decorate with colours.
- v. To stain; to distain.
- v. To remove paint from.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To paint; to picture; hence, to describe; to delineate in words; to depict.
- transitive v. To mark with, or as with, color; to color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To paint; depict; represent in colors, as by painting the resemblance of.
- To describe or depict in words.
- To mark with or as with color; stain.
Sorry, no etymologies found.