from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to dictate; domineering.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a dictator or dictatorship; autocratic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to a dictator
- adj. in the manner of a dictator, usually with callous disregard for others
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining or suited to a dictator; absolute.
- adj. Characteristic of a dictator; imperious; dogmatical; overbearing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a dictator; absolute; unlimited.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of dictation; imperious; overbearing; dogmatic.
- Synonyms Authoritative, Dogmatic, etc. See magisterial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or characteristic of a dictator
- adj. expecting unquestioning obedience
- adj. characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty
Sorry, no etymologies found.