from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Division into fingerlike parts.
- n. A fingerlike part or process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Touching; manipulation with the fingers.
- n. Any of various finger-like process found in plant and animal tissues.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A division into fingers or fingerlike processes; also, a fingerlike process.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Digitiform arrangement or disposition of parts; division into finger-like parts; the state or quality of being digitate: as, the digitations of the serratus magnus muscle; the digitation of the tendon of the obturator internus.
- n. A finger-like process; one of a series of digital parts.
- n. Finger-action; use of the fingers; fingering; manipulation with the fingers.
From digitate + -ation. (Wiktionary)