from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be dissolved: dissoluble airborne pollutants brought back to the earth as rain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. which can be dissolved or disintegrated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being dissolved; having its parts separable by heat or moisture; convertible into a fluid.
- adj. Capable of being disunited.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being dissolved; convertible into a fluid.
- That may be disunited or separated into parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of dissolving
Latin dissolūbilis, from dissolūtus, past participle of dissolvere, to dissolve; see dissolve.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin dissolubilis, itself from dissolvere ("to dissolve") (from dis- ("apart") + solvere ("to solve") + -bilis ("-able"). (Wiktionary)