American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A man who leads a marching band or drum corps, often twirling a baton.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chief or first drummer of a regiment.
- n. One who directs the evolutions of a band or drum-corps in marching.
- n. A riotous evening assembly. See drum, 9.
GNU Webster's 1913
- The chief or first drummer of a regiment; an instructor of drummers.
- U.S. The marching leader of a military band.
- A noisy gathering. [R.] See under Drum, n., 4.
- n. the leader of a marching band or drum corps
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘drum major’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for drum major.