from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cereal grain (Sorghum bicolor) of Asia and northern Africa, much cultivated in dry regions. Also called Egyptian corn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of millet, a variety of sorghum; Indian millet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of millet, cultivated throughout Asia, and introduced into the south of Europe; a variety of Sorghum vulgare; -- called also Indian millet, and Guinea corn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Indian millet or Guinea corn, Sorghum vulgare. See sorghum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sorghums of dry regions of Asia and North Africa
Arabic ḏura, grain; see ḏrw in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)