from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of errors excepted, a saving clause frequently placed at the foot of an account rendered. Also, in a fuller form, E. and O. E. (which see).
- n. An abbreviation of best best, which see under best, a., 5; of bail-bond.
- An abbreviation of entered apprentice, in freemasonry.
- n. An abbreviation of Eastern Central, a London postal district;
- n. of Established Church.
- n. An abbreviation of Early English;
- n. of Electrical Engineer.
- n. An abbreviation of East India;
- n. of East Indian.
- An abbreviation of Engineer of Mines;
- of the Latin equitum magister, master of the horse.
- n. A game of chance, in which the appropriation of the stakes is determined by the falling of a ball into one of several niches marked E or O respectively.
- n. An abbreviation of electric telegraph;
- n. [capitalized] of English translation.
- n. An abbreviation of Evangelical Union.
- n. An abbreviation of Engineer Volunteers.
Sorry, no etymologies found.