from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To bring about; effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To be the cause of something.
- v. To bring about something; to effect or execute something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bring to pass; to effect; to achieve; to accomplish; to fulfill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring to pass; accomplish; achieve; effect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce
Medieval Latin effectuāre, effectuāt-, from Latin effectus, an effect; see effect.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)