from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A conceited, boastful person.
- n. A selfish, self-centered person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who talks excessively about himself
- n. A person who believes in his own importance or superiority.
- n. An egoist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One addicted to egotism; one who speaks much of himself or magnifies his own achievements or affairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is characterized by egotism, in either sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conceited and self-centered person
ego + t ("inserted to avoid hiatus, or after the analogy of dramatist, epigrammatist, etc.") + -ist (Wiktionary)