from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Alteration in excitability and conductivity of a nerve or muscle during the passage of an electric current through it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The variation of the excitability and conductivity of a nerve or muscle as an electric current passes through it
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The modified condition of a nerve, when a constant current of electricity passes through any part of it. See anelectrotonus, and catelectrotonus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to electrical tension.
- Of, pertaining to, produced by electrotonus.
- n. The altered state of a nerve or a muscle during the passage of a galvanic current through it.
Sorry, no etymologies found.