from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or to a different or another place: has property at the shore and elsewhere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In or at some other place; away.
- adv. To some other place.
- n. A place other than here; somewhere else.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In any other place.
- adv. In some other place; in other places, indefinitely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In another place or in other places; somewhere or anywhere else: as, these trees are not to be found elsewhere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in or to another place
From Old English elles + hwær; corresponding with else + where. (Wiktionary)