from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the flow and transformation of energy.
- n. The flow and transformation of energy within a particular system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of physics that studies the flow and transformation of energy
- n. The flow and transformation of energy within a specific system or device
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of science which treats of the laws governing the physical or mechanical, in distinction from the vital, forces, and which comprehends the consideration and general investigation of the whole range of the forces concerned in physical phenomena.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the general laws of energy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.