American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The study of the flow and transformation of energy.
- n. The flow and transformation of energy within a particular system.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the general laws of energy.
- n. physics The branch of physics that studies the flow and transformation of energy
- n. The flow and transformation of energy within a specific system or device
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare That branch of science which treats of the laws governing the physical or mechanical, in distinction from the vital, forces, and which comprehends the consideration and general investigation of the whole range of the forces concerned in physical phenomena.
“Although if you believe in energetics, control is an illusion.”
“We cannot object to the construction of bigger and bigger thermonuclear power stations or research into nuclear physics, since energetics is one of the bases of our civilization.”
“The best systematic presentation of "energetics" is to be found in”
“The exponents of what is called "energetics" have in many cases come to regard that the quantity of which is so conserved, as a substantial reality whose forms and distributions compose nature.”
“The first thing to remember, according to Garner, is that the lives of black bears are governed by "energetics," which means they will go to the place where they can get the highest energy food with the least amount of effort.”
“In 1913, he presented an epoch making lecture on the energetics of living cells.”
“Deputy minister of industry, energetics and fuel life Gulbarchyn Asanova told that there was a significant recession in the production of the building materials had a According to her words, the reason is Kazakhstan's rejection to buy the Kyrgyz production.”
“We seem to be hard-wired into receiving streaming images from TV, film, print and our social media, fiercely flashing before us at strobe-light speed, yet never quite lingering long enough for us to take a really deep look into the energetics behind the images.”
“Pain originates when normal energetics of the body are interrupted.”
“Well, we lay there in the remains of the hay cave that we had collapsed around us with our energetics.”
Looking for tweets for energetics.