from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To enclose in or as if in a womb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To place or cause to be contained in the womb; to make pregnant; to conceive.
- v. To enclose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To conceive in the womb.
- transitive v. To bury, as it were in a womb; to hide, as in a gulf, pit, or cavern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make pregnant.
- To bury; hide as in a womb, pit, or cavern.
From en- + womb. (Wiktionary)