Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy: That part of the brain which consists of the cerebellum and pons Varolii. Also called metencephalon (which see).
- n. The foregoing together with the medulla oblongata.
- n. Also epencephal.
- n. anatomy The segment of the brain next behind the midbrain, including the cerebellum and pons; the hindbrain.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The segment of the brain next behind the midbrain, including the cerebellum and pons; the hindbrain. Sometimes abbreviated to epen.
- New Latin, from Ancient Greek upon, near + brain. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘epencephalon’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for epencephalon.