from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or characteristic of an epoch.
- adj. Highly significant or important; momentous: epochal decisions made by Roosevelt and Churchill.
- adj. Without parallel: epochal stupidity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to an epoch
- adj. highly important or significant; monumentous, epoch-making
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to an epoch; of the nature of an epoch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to an epoch; of the nature of an epoch; relating to epochs; marking an epoch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly significant or important especially bringing about or marking the beginning of a new development or era
Sorry, no etymologies found.