Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An uncrystallizable, bitter substance, soluble in alcohol and water, obtained from Euonymus.
- n. A complex substance precipitated from the tincture of euonymus by adding water.
- n. medicine A principle or mixture of principles derived from Euonymus atropurpureus, the spindle tree.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A principle or mixture of principles derived from Euonymus atropurpureus, or spindle tree.
- Euonymus + -in (Wiktionary)
“The ripe fruit, from which a medicinal tincture is prepared, furnishes euonymin, a golden resin, which is purgative and emetic.”
‘euonymin’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for euonymin.