from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that may occur; a possibility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A possible event; something that may happen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The coming as a consequence; contingency; also, an event which comes as a consequence.
- n. Disposition to take cognizance of events.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contingent occurrence; a result of environment; that which happens from the force of circumstances.
- n. In phrenology, a disposition to take note of events or occurrences; one of the perceptive faculties, whose organ is supposed to be situated at the lower part of the forehead, below comparison and above individuality. See cut under phrenology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a possible event or occurrence or result
Sorry, no etymologies found.