from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of moths, of the family Notodontidæ, having very short palpi. The only species is E. ulmi of Europe, which strongly resembles some noctuids.
- n. A genus of bees, of the family Apidæ, from Guiana. Also Exærete.
- n. A genus of bugs, of the family Capsidæ. Also Exæretus.
- n. A genus of longicorn beetles, of the family Cerambycidæ, such as E. unicolor of South Australia.
- n. A genus of flies, of the family Stratiomyidæ. Also Exaireta.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.