from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who performs or carries out, especially a skilled performer: The dancer is the choreographer's executant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who executes a dance or piece of music; a performer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who executes or performs; esp., a performer on a musical instrument.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who executes or performs; specifically, in music, a performer, whether vocal or instrumental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a performer (usually of musical works)
Sorry, no etymologies found.