American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A substance added to another substance to modify, dilute, or adulterate it: meat loaf that contained oatmeal as an extender.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which extends or stretches.
- n. A surveyor; one who appraises landed property.
- n. Any of various substances designed to extend any of several properties of a material.
- n. Any of various components designed to extend the length of a device.
- n. climbing Another term for runner or quick-draw. (from sense #2)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, extends or stretches anything.
- extend + -er (Wiktionary)
“He ran his shower-curtain extender invention, the Shower Bow, through it recently.”
“The following is how my extender is coded, followed by the GetSlides routine.”
“Social-services agencies, which typically depend on government funding for 50% to 90% of their revenue, say this is the first time the state budget has been late that the governor hasn't included funding to nonprofits in any so-called extender bills, or emergency appropriations.”
“This is the first time the governor has used these so-called extender bills to make annual cuts.”
“They had a so-called extender prepared, or draft on Friday," Skelos said.”
“The extender is a femtocell base station that connects to the Ethernet port of a broadband router.”
“There are also a good number of "extender" items that Congress intends to keep in place forever but which expire every two years or so.”
“This "extender" bill, which the Senate took up Monday, not only would extend unemployment benefits, the Cobra health program and Medicare doctors 'payments, but would also prolong expiring tax breaks such as the research-and-development tax credit.”
“As done before, the governor's contingency plan would be inserted into an "extender" bill.”
“Where few people would buy a specialized PC for media upfront, and hence would have no need for an "extender," many more should be willing to try out an inexpensive extender that hangs off features wrapped into the OS they already have, as well as to buy upgrades that make their existing PC more media-friendly once they have the extender.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘extender’.
Lista de palabras en espaÃ±ol que tienen una sÃ³la vocal y con mÃ¡s de tres sÃlabas.
Amusingly-named mechanical and electrical parts to be found in a particular warehouse in Newfoundland
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for extender.