from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something, such as a distressed building, that is unpleasant or offensive to view.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A displeasing sight; something prominently ugly or unsightly.
- n. An eye lesion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something offensive to the eye or sight; a blemish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sore upon or near the eye, as at the corner of the eye or upon an eyelid.
- n. Hence Something offensive to the eye or sight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something very ugly and offensive
Sorry, no etymologies found.