from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation in a ship's log-book, of furlong
- In electricity, of farad
- of farthing
- of fathom
- of field of vision
- of florin
- of folio
- of foot
- in music, of forte (loud).
- [lowercase] In electricity: A symbol occasionally used for magnetomotive force, in ampere-turns. See magnetic circuit.
- A symbol of magnetic reluctance.
- A symbol of focal distance: F′ , first focal distance; F″, second focal distance.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.