from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of far-fetched.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Brought from far, or from a remote place.
- adj. Studiously sought; not easily or naturally deduced or introduced; forced; strained; hence, implausible or improbable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fetched or brought from afar.
- Hence— Choice; rare.
- Remotely connected; irrelevant; forced; strained: as, far-fetched conceits; far-fetched similes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly imaginative but unlikely
Sorry, no etymologies found.