from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing fermentation.
- adj. Capable of causing or undergoing fermentation.
- adj. Relating to or of the nature of fermentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, causing or undergoing fermentation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing, or having power to cause, fermentation; produced by fermentation; fermenting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing or having power to cause fermentation.
- Of the nature of, consisting in, or produced by fermentation.
- Also fermentive.
Sorry, no etymologies found.