from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or of the nature of a feast or festival; festive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. festive, relating to a festival or feast
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a holiday or a feast; joyous; festive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or befitting a feast or festival; hence, joyous; gay; jubilant: as, a, festal air or look.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offering fun and gaiety
Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin fēstālis, from Latin fēstum, feast; see feast.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)