from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Intentional destruction of a human fetus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an abortion, specifically, the killing of a fetus.
- n. one who kills a fetus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of killing the fetus in the womb; the offense of procuring an abortion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In med. jurisprudence, the destruction of the life of a fetus. Also fœticide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of destroying a fetus
The word fetus with the added suffix -icide (modified -cide) derived from French -cide, from Latin -cida ("cutter, killer"), from -cid (combining form of caedō ("cut, kill")) + -a ("-er") (used for form agent nouns). (caedere means "to kill") (Wiktionary)