Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Scots law, one to whom any property belongs in fee—that is, one who has the property in reversion as contrasted with life-rent; the person in whom the property of an estate is vested, burdened with the right of life-rent.
- n. plural In Scotland, the prices of the different kinds of grain for the current year, as fixed by the sheriff of each county and a jury, after the production of expert evidence, and the hearing of all parties interested. This proceeding, which takes place in February or March, is called striking the fiars; the prices thus struck are called
fiars' prices, and rule in all grain contracts where no price had been specified, as well as in calculating the money value of such stipends, rents, etc., as are properly payable in grain.
- n. law, Scotland One in whom the property of an estate is vested, subject to the estate of a liferenter.
- n. The price of grain, as legally fixed, in the counties of Scotland, on an annual basis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Scots Law) One in whom the property of an estate is vested, subject to the estate of a life renter.
- n. The price of grain, as legally fixed, in the counties of Scotland, for the current year.
- See feuar. (Wiktionary)
“Next time you feel your lips begin to form the words "that's not fair" or, "that is fiar," stop yourself and say "that's life.”
“Ahhh - not just using procedurals in a traitorous way to block the Obama administration, but also to make sure workers don't get a fiar deal.”
“Women should develop and have leadership traits such as honesty, kindness, competency, inspirational, broad-mindednesss, fiar-mindedness, courage, intelligence to name a few”
“Dave on Aug 1, 2008 this is lame i love dragon ball z but come on people there killin the anime and cowboybebop i love tht as well but why does fox have to be the one makin a live action cant they leave it alone spike whn spike fought vicouse and died no fiar ill wach the movie but i maybe wont like it johnny tran on Aug 2, 2008”
“September 12, 2009 at 3:06 pm oh tahts is nawt fiar guyz… tu kyoot wai wai tu kyoot *luks at Baileygogz* okai yu iz kyoot tu but iz nawt teh saem kinda kyoot…”
“Definitely creepy as hell that some people believe such bullshit - sadly there seem to be a fiar number of freaks in the world!”
“Israel justifies this on national security, many people do not accept that in the rest of the world but there is a fiar constituency in NY which does.”
“I think what Mr Rockefeller said is true,but that is not a true for everyone, that is a secret state true, that is why the apology, a good soldier no can be able to think why or if is fiar push the trigger, because then, what price will can have the shares of companies like Halliburton?”
“No one will have a fiar chance against him with the buzzer.”
“He handed his sword to a fellow and pulled his tunic down to the waist. he then took his sword back, and with a slash or two in the fiar, tried its balance.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fiar’.
Looking for tweets for fiar.