from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plan for the organization and arrangement of a specified production.
- n. The material form or layout of a publication.
- n. Computer Science The arrangement of data for storage or display.
- n. Computer Science A method for achieving such an arrangement.
- transitive v. To plan or arrange in a specified form: They formatted the conference so that each speaker had less than 15 minutes to deliver a paper.
- transitive v. Computer Science To divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data.
- transitive v. Computer Science To determine the arrangement of (data) for storage or display.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The layout of a document.
- n. The form of presentation of something.
- n. A file type.
- v. To create or edit the layout of a document.
- v. Change a document so it will fit onto a different type of page.
- v. To prepare a mass storage medium for initial use, erasing any existing data in the process.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The shape and size of a book or other printed publication; hence, its external form.
- n. the arrangement of the parts of a printed page, such as text and graphics.
- n. The pattern of organization of information in an electronic storage medium, such as the number and size of records, or the size, spacing, or separation symbols for fields in a record. A computer file, for example, may be in fixed-length format, in which each field or record occupies the same number of bytes, or in variable-length format, in which the lengths of fields or records varies. The number of formats are unlimited, being specifiable at will by programmers or in some cases by the users of programs.
- n. The general organization, form, or plan for anything, such as an organized social, political, or entertainment event.
- transitive v. to set into a specific format; -- of printed matter or data recorded on a data soorage medium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In printing, the shape and size of a book, as, for example, duodecimo, octavo, quarto, folio, etc.
- n. In painting, engraving, etc., the relation between length and breadth of surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the general appearance of a publication
- n. the organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing)
- v. divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data
- v. set (printed matter) into a specific format
- v. determine the arrangement of (data) for storage and display (in computer science)
; Add Header for image file format: = "P3" comment: = "#File made in Autohotkey" hight: = scan_y_end - scan_y_start width: = scan_x_end - scan_x_start colors: = "255" file_data = % format% % comment% % width% % hight% % colors% % scan_current_line%
SetFormat Integer, % format%; restore original format
$format - you assign either the value json or xml to this parameter to specify how the format of the movie results.
Some languages use different terms for the long and short format of May if ((strpos ($format, '\M') = = = false & & strpos ($format, 'M')!
The Invoke as … button will call the service with the $format parameter indicating the data format to be returned (e.g.,
The Bruins issued a statement about 40 minutes before the game that said ` ` the change in format is occurring due to incorrect markings on the West End of the TD Banknorth Garden ice. ...
The change in format is part of an effort to get The SciFi Zone Radio Show syndicated in other radio markets.
I needed to change the title format of each thread and also index page for SEO purpose.
Clearly these guys are in love with the title format of Adjective + Noun, though unfortunately they're also in love with making the same kind of movie again.
I'm using the following CSS file for the above page, the label format is in red, the input in green:
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.