from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A compound, such as a salt or an ester of formic acid, that contains the HCOO- radical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any salt or ester of formic acid.
- v. To assemble flying aircraft into formation; to fly in formation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of formic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A salt formed by the union of formic acid with a base. Also called formiate.
form(ic acid) + -ate2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)