from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pen filled from an external source and containing an ink reservoir that automatically feeds the writing point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pen containing a reservoir of ink, which is fed to a writing nib automatically.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pen with a reservoir in the handle which furnishes a supply of ink.
- n. See under Fountain, and Geometric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writing-pen with a reservoir for furnishing a continuous supply of ink.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pen that is supplied with ink from a reservoir in its barrel
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.